The building of Djorff Palace was originally started in 2010 and was the dream of Mohamed Fawy, his partner Dr. Marina and her husband David Speak. Their vision was to create a hotel that was more akin to an old Egyptian home than a standard hotel. The inspiration came from the buildings in old Cairo, especially the Gayer Anderson House, combined with the architectural design of Hassan Fathy. Following the death of her husband David, Dr. Marina left Luxor in search of treasures to complement the style of the hotel, whilst Mohamed remained to complete the structural work and the gardens. Together they often met in Cairo to search out old pieces of furniture or antique lighting so that any guest in the hotel could truly experience the golden age of travel in Egypt. The final result incorporates the arabesque and mashrabeya found in old Egyptian palaces together with carpets, artworks and decorative pieces from around the region which was always to be found in the homes of the old Egyptian aristocracy.
Djorff Palace is located directly on the West Bank of the Nile River in a beautiful rural landscape,
close to the city and the historical sites.
- Fully air-conditioned.
- A complementary motorboat service is available to hotel guests to transport them to the East Bank.
- Our staff will be happy to provide you with any information you might need as well as arrange a wide range of tours both in Luxor and beyond.
- Airport pick-up available (please book in advance)
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the property
- Laundry service
- Massage and Jacuzzi
- All rates are on a bed & breakfast basis.
- Check-in is from 3.00pm and check-out time is 12:00 PM.
- Early and late check-in and out can be arranged